Thought it was time we updated you on the behind the scenes activity for AVAA. We know that it’s sometimes hard for members to know that things are happening when it’s not so visible.
- The committee met recently for their regular committee meeting. Kylie Short is being brought onto the committee to serve as Treasurer. We still have a vacancy for the South Australian board member. Linden Vine is taking over the Membership Officer’s role.
- Members should now have all received their welcome letters and membership cards. Please contact us if you haven’t received yours.
- The Office Conference is being held in Sydney 16-17 and Kathie will be presenting on the 17th, three different presentations relating to what a VA is and how a business owner could use one. We are inviting members in Sydney to assist with manning the booth. If you’re available either or both of the days, even if just for a couple of hours or more, please do let us know. It would be great if we had about 6 who could rotate and spread the load. We’ve received Flyers to send out to members relating to this event.
- Preparations are under way for planning the 5th annual Australian VA Conference (AVAC) which is proposed to be held 14-15 March 2014 in Brisbane. An AVAC sub-committee has been formed and they’re currently seeking suitable venues so we can continue with the rest of the organisation. A call for speakers and sponsors will be made soon. Updates can be seen at the AVAC site.
- There are plans to send out a regular newsletter to AVAA members as we get other things happening.